Someone out there has gotten me good. I must say it was clever! Well last Sunday afternoon I put my phone on silent while taking a short nap. I woke up to 19 voicemails. That is right NINETEEN..... As I started to listen I realized someone had gotten me good. Each voicemail said "I am calling about the car for sale." I had Josh looking through the newspaper as I continued through the voice mails. Finally one woman said "I found your name and number in the Nashville Craig's list." Ahh ha..... It took us a few minutes but finally found the ad. It read "Moving out of the country. Must sale car immediately. Great condition and priced well below book value. 1999 Camry" I had customers practically begging me for the car. I chose not to answer most of the calls because I did not want to use my minutes explaining the situation. I felt sorry for the numbers that kept popping up. They were probably really hoping for a great deal. Josh sent an email to Craig's list asking them to take the ad off. They responded by Monday morning. In all I believe the count was up to about 60 or 70 calls. People are crazy and would call as late as 11:42 p.m. and as early as 5:46 a.m. I slept with my phone on silent for about 3 days. One man with a restricted number got really creepy on the phone asking to meet up with me.......I hung up on him.
What made it all worse was Preston being so sick and whinny. I think the joke is finally over. It was a good one.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's funny, but kinda of not! Do you know who did it? See you tomorrow!
Yeah, hope it was someone you know well playing that joke! :)
Hilarious!!! I wisht that I could claim that I did it! You are a great person to punk since you are all about jokes and farkle((sp?)
As inconvenient as that was... it IS pretty funny!! That takes some effort to pull that off! :)
Who in the world did that to you???
Wow! Find out who it was?
Oh my goodness that's a good one!
that's pretty funny. i may have to try that one sometime... i love your blog! preston's lobster costume is the cutest thing ever! he's adorable!
That is very funny. Do you remember when you used to call people in college and make that horse noise? It makes me laugh just thinking about it!
Post a Comment