Sunday, March 25, 2007

It was Magical...

Our trip to Disney went great. Many of you know how worried I was about camping (in a tent) with a 5 month old. I just knew if he cried the entire campground would wake up. None the less we went on this adventure. Preston loved it! He enjoyed being outside the most. If we went in the tent, even for a second, he would start his begging noises. He actually slept through the night each night without starting any habits that we would have to break once we got home. I was scared I would have to feed him if he cried, but I just stuck my finger in his mouth the few times he did wake up. We also took his aquarium thing (thanks Jillina for the recommendation) and he would fall back to sleep watching the fish swim.
We did not brave out the parks with him. Josh's mom watched him the one day that Josh and I went in the parks. We made the most of our hopper pass by going in early and staying late. We rode our favorite ride Tower of Terror four times in one night. We did go back to the campground a few times throughout the day to eat and check on Preston.
We enjoyed hanging out with our family and friends on this big adventure that we hope to make a spring break tradition. Any of you are welcome to join the group next year! I think we counted about 75 at the Chip N Dale Church at the campground on Sunday morning. Many families from Nashville have gone for years. We joined the fun about 3 years ago! We love it! Disney is truly a magical place......

The first day we were in Orlando we made the trip to Fort Myers for Ginny's father's funeral. She still needs all of our prayers. It was very hard on her and her family.




9 comments:

Melissa said...

FUN! I love camping! Maybe we can go next year!

Jillina said...

You are soo brave. I'm not a camper, I'm just not into being with the bugs. Promise I'm not a snob about it though!

maggie and michael said...

I am so impressed that you took a 5 month old camping! Looks like he did great though. Glad you all had a good time!

Blessed said...

Looks like you guys have been having a ton of fun traveling! I love all of your pictures! I think he is looking more like you in many of these pictures! What a cutie!

Angie said...

so much to say after this post...
I am SO IMPRESSED that you went camping with Preston! You are one cool mom!
It was so funny to see Catherine, Belinda, and Taylor in those pictures. I know y'all are related now, but it still catches me off guard when I first see it!
I'm glad you guys had fun...and I'm glad you posted so many pictures! Love the pictures...!

chris anne said...

wow. i'm so impressed with your bravery. i was lucky if i spent the night at my parents when campbell was that young. glad it went well. love the pictures!

Misty George said...

Preston is getting so big! Looks like yall had a great time at Disney! We will see you soon.

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like EVERYONE had fun! I definately want to go one year!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you guys went to disney. You are so brave!! Preston is a cutie. Cover had told me that he was really cute. Aren't you having the time of your life? I hate it that I missed your shower. Check Arden's website.
www.ourbabynews.com/ardenelise
love you girl.
Christy B.