Many of you know that my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about 6 months ago. She works at Vanderbilt and they have been incredible. They got together a team for her called Tonna's Team (green shirts) to run the marathon or half. It was SO NICE of them to raise some money in her name. I think there were about 15 or so people participate in the race! They had a really nice lunch for all the participants and family afterwards.
She recently had to stop her chemo treatment because of an infection from her reconstruction surgery that just wouldn't heal. It has been really hard on her but she has continued to work and stay in great spirits. I am really proud of her! Please keep her in your prayers. We need this infection to heal.
Our team! We started and finished together. (me, dad, and Becky)
Kindermusik (our last class)
8 comments:
These are too cute of Preston. I'm walking with a group from work in October in the "Race for the Cure". We have a lose family friend that has been fighting for 2 years and she has been doing incredible, today I have another friend who's mom is having a masectomy today. So there are lots of prayers going out today for them all. If you don't have a group for the Ocotber race come walk with us!
Good pictures Mandi! He's finally starting to look at the camera!
Cute pictures!
I didn't know about your mom. Thanks for letting us (well, maybe I'm the only one) know. My dad had colon cancer a few years back, so I know how scary it can be. I will for sure pray for her and your family.
Preston seems like such a happy and active little guy! I love seeing him through this blog. :)
He is the cutest little thing! and you look amazing! i'll keep your mom in my prayers.
love ya!
I had no idea all this was going on with your mom. I'll definitely add her to my prayer list.
Oh Mandi I had no idea about your mom. I'll def be praying for her and your family.
Please let your mom know that I am still praying for her. Looks like you guys had a fun time at the race. Love ya.
Love all the pictures! He is such a doll and is such a happy boy! The kids hug at the park today was priceless...
Post a Comment