Monday, April 21, 2008

Problem Solved

Phyto-Photo Dermatitis

I am sure you have heard of this....I have racked my brain for weeks trying to figure out these weird marks. Basically it is when one of the following (Common plants from on of these families: celery, giant hog weed, angelica, parsnip, fennel, dill, anise, parsley, lime, lemon, rue, fig, mustard, scurf pea, and chrysanthemums.) drip on the skin and reacts with the sun. I heard that one of my friends had the same looking rash and it was because of lime juice she had eaten that dripped on her skin. I didn't think it was the same because I had not given Preston any limes. I guess I shouldn't let him play in the hog weeds (whatever that is). Now I feel like he may have eaten a lemon one day that the pool. It must have dripped down his belly. There is nothing you can do about it and it should fade away completely within 6 months. He is not allergic to anything nor is it an infection of any kind. I feel much better! Be careful what you eat when the sun is out!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad it's something simple like that! Watch out for Corona and lime slices when you're out in the sun this summer! JUST KIDDING!

Kim said...

I have never heard of that. That is so interesting...

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

I am glad it is not something very serious. Very interesting.....I'll have to remember that next time we are at the beach or picnic.

Anonymous said...

crazy...i have never heard of that! glad it wasn't anything serious!

Courtney said...

crazy...i have never heard of that! glad it wasn't anything serious!