Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Emergency Room visit on the birthday:(


Where do I begin???? To make a long story short.....we had our first emergency room visit on Preston's birthday of all days. He took a really hard fall, I mean really hard fall Friday night that concerned Josh and I. We kept him up late to be sure he was okay and seemed to be. The next morning he slept till 10:30 and woke up throwing up in his bed, bath, and downstairs. He fell back asleep around 11:15 sitting in Josh's lap on the couch. I wasn't home for any of this. As you know by this time of day on a Saturday the doctors office is closed. We called and they suggested to take him to the emergency room. Once we got there he actually ate and played a little. The doctors were on the fence about whether or not to give him a cat scan. Once they mentioned radiation and cancer we thought it would be best just to hold out and see how he did the next few days. Well, on the way home we stopped to grab a bite to eat and he threw up all over the place two times in a row. We basically went in the restaurant, sat down, he threw up, and we left. Oh well, you sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! For the rest of the weekend he was not himself at all. He wouldn't eat, slept TONS, and wanted to be held. He would say, "head hurt". It was so sad. I took him back to the Dr. Monday morning first thing. The doctors concluded that he had a severe concussion. Looking back I may have gone ahead and gotten the cat scan just to have some relief, but those few words ( radiation, cancer) scare me. Thankfully he is now back to normal and playing as usual. As a parent you just wish it could have been you.




Poor baby:(

Opening presents at Preston's Mickey Party!

Blowing out the candles with daddy!


You wouldn't think anything was wrong with him in this picture.



Preston and Maw Maw

I am so sad to know that we did a horrible job of taking pictures on Preston's birthday. I didn't even get a picture with the poor guy.



12 comments:

Christy C Beach said...

How scary! I am so glad that he is okay. I would be freaking out if that was Arden. I just know how much it hurts you when your baby hurts. They are pitiful.

Courtney said...

Poor little guy! Ugh, it scares me to death when Will falls...I am so glad he is okay!! Mailed your necklace today!

LB said...

I love all your new pictures! Bless poor Preston's heart! I know that can be so scary! I'm glad he is okay now!

The Scurlocks said...

I am sure happy to hear that all turned out well. I am sorry ya'll had to go through that but the party was fun even though I know your mind wasn't on the party at the time.

Angie said...

Poor thing! I'm glad he's feeling better! That must have been scary!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness mandi! so scary about preston being so sick after falling! i'm glad he's fine now though. that is crazy that one minute he'd be sick and the next fine! miss you jenn

Abigail and Ansley said...

Bless your heart! I am so glad that he is ok now. He is precious!!!!

Ginny said...

It was a great party, you did an awesome job. Glad Preston felt good enough to be at his own party. :) You'll be proud I updated our blog with LOTS of pics. Preston has his own section. :) Love ya!

Natalie said...

Awww. Poor little guy. I am so glad that he is feeling better. I know you were scared to death! It looks like he had a good time at his bday!

Segadi Family said...

My goodness- how scary!! I'm so glad that the birthday boy is ok!!

Jillina said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad everything is ok! That is so scary!

Kim said...

Oh no!!! How sad. =( That would've worried me sooo much.