Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mother's Day Out

Preston's first piece of art from School!!!! It is hanging on the fridge, but I think I may frame it:)
Preston headed to School! I was sadly at work on Preston's first day of "school". I hated not being about to drop him off or pick him up. I had Josh call me and give me all the details. This is the best picture Josh got of him before they headed off. When I asked Josh why the truck was in the car he said Preston wanted to take it with him:) I guess whatever makes him feel comfortable that first day is fine.
He went straight to the toys and began playing. I don't even think he knew Josh left! His teacher said he never cried, but teared up once when another kid was crying. He even went to sleep on the mat for about 45 minutes. Needless to say when I picked him up at Becky's around 4:45 he was dead tired. I also thought he felt warm........once we got home I decided to take his temp and sure enough he had 102 degree temp.:( I just sat on the couch where he fell asleep in my arms, and I began to shed a few tears. I hated that he had gotten sick on his first day. He went to bed with motrin at 5:30ish. We heard nothing from him until 3:30a.m. He was screaming "mama". His temp had returned so we gave him some more and put him back to bed till 8a.m. Once we were up and running we went straight to the dr. He has had a cold for about 3 weeks anyways. Come to find out he had 2 or 3 puss pockets on the back of his throat. The strep test was negative. The dr. said he couldn't have contracted something that soon from school which made me feel much better. He hasn't had a temp. since Thursday but we are staying in all weekend to try to get rid of all this.



Paw Paw and Preston cleaning golf balls. My dad goes fishing and finds tons of mostly brand new golf balls for Josh. Today he brought by 158.......
Preston was busy concentrating really hard!


We spent some time Labor Day weekend at the lake. It was a blast.
Preston and Aria taking a bath in the big tub!
It was so cute seeing them laugh at one another.



8 comments:

Angie said...

I love the picture of him cleaning the golf balls!

Candie Bowen said...

I hope Preston is feeling better! Looks like he LOVES MDO- that's great!!!

LB said...

Poor baby getting sick! I saw Josh and Becky at CH but never saw Preston! :) I'm glad that he liked it! The bath pictures are TOO cute!

Rachel said...

You need to call me back! I called you and left a message last Tuesday. I want to hear how things are going. I love his Elmo shirt. I gotta get Alex one:) I know you were so sad that you couldn't take him to school:( Glad he did well though!

Blessed said...

Mandi,

I laughed so hard at Preston in the car on the way to school-with his riding toy! I had to show Seth and we both got a good laugh. Glad he is enjoying MDO.

The Scurlocks said...

The pics are great and I can't believe he is already going to "school." I sure wish I could have been able to come over the Labor day weekend too!!

The Parker Family said...

Hope Preston is feeling better this week...poor thing. What a blessing that he loves Crieve Hall. He has going to have a grea school year, and so are you:)

thesemanchiks said...

So glad he had a great mother's day out!! Hope tomorrow is just as great and no feaver at the end of the day!! He is so cute!!!